Welcome Parents! We know that one of the most important decisions each student has to make while in college is where to live and we know how important that decision is to you too! Our community has a number of unique advantages, here are just a few:
Lorenzo Endorsed by LAPD
February 12, 2014
Peace of Mind - Location, Location, Location
Whether you are new to Los Angeles or been here all your life, Lorenzo is here to help you feel at ease. Lorenzo is built on the former 9.4 acre Orthopaedic Hospital site and will ultimately be home to 3,600 students. Lorenzo is surrounded by a Medical Magnet High-school, LA Trade Tech and Orthopaedic Hospital's new Children's Orthopaedic Outpatient Medical Center. Parents and students alike will take comfort knowing Lorenzo is built within a well-established institutional neighborhood.
Maintaining a secure and vibrant environment is our top priority. Lorenzo is located within the University Park Campus Patrol Area which USC recommends for off campus living. Parents will have further comfort in knowing that Lorenzo will be equipped with a 24 hour doorman, courtesy patrol, security cameras, secure electronic key access and a private daily shuttle to and from USC campus and Hussain College.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE LOCATION MAP
- To our north is LA Trade Tech's 25-acre campus which services over 30,000 students annually. LA Trade Tech is the oldest two year community college in Los Angeles.
- To the east is the Orthopaedic Hospital Medical Magnet High-school. The 4 acre campus serves nearly 850 students grades 9-12. OHS students can use the Orthopaedic Hospital facility to gain hands on experience and attend lectures from the staff.
- To the west is the Orthopaedic Hospital. With greater than 50,000 outpatient visits annually, Los Angeles Orthopaedic Hospital (LAOH) treats more children with potentially crippling disorders than any other orthopaedic facility in the nation.
- To the south is an LA County Building.
- Across Figueroa is Mount St. Mary's College. Mount St. Mary's is a private women's Catholic School which serves nearly 2,200 students. The college was ranked as one of the best colleges in 2013 edition of US News Regional University West Best Colleges.
- Multiple Security Coverage: Lorenzo's Private Security Team, The Figueroa Business Improvement District Crew, The USC Department of Public Safety, The Metro, LA County Sheriffs LA Trade Tech Team, Orthopaedic Hospital and Medical Magnet Security Personnel, LA County Social Services Safety Team Security Officers and LAPD.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE UNIVERSITY PATROL AREA
- Covered Parking and Secure Controlled Access Gates
College is complicated. Getting around is not! Lorenzo is here to make your life easier.
- Private Daily Shuttle: The Lorenzo's private daily shuttle operates 7 days a week during the academic year providing convenient, reliable transportation to USC Campus, Hussain College and the surrounding area.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE SHUTTLE ROUTE
- Bike Program: Lorenzo residents are allowed to check out the Lorenzo Community Bikes
- USC Campus Cruiser: The Lorenzo is located within the Campus Cruiser boundaries. Click here to learn more information about USC Campus Cruiser.
Lorenzo is a Living-Learning Environment, made especially for students!
We want your college student to be successful throughout their career at the college of their choice. They need a good foundation and support to gain their success. At Lorenzo, we want to help support their productivity by giving them a 24 hour computer lab and individual study rooms at their fingertips. We want to keep them healthy and active with our state-of-the-art athletic club. We also want to help relax by giving a resort swimming pool, fully loaded game room and clubroom. Lorenzo meets every need that your student will have while in college so they can achieve what they came to USC for an enjoyable atmosphere.
On-Site Professional Staff
Our friendly staff always provides an open door and open mind for residents to voice questions, opinions, concerns, or requests. You can speak with someone from our management team 7 days a week about anything concerning your experience at Lorenzo. Whether you are having trouble with your roommates, the community, the building or you just want to make a suggestion, our management team is ready to listen. Our maintenance staff will respond to your student's maintenance issues quickly and professionally. Lorenzo offers 24 hour emergency maintenance as well so that your student's comfort is not affected. When the leasing office closes, we have on site courtesy officers that patrol the property through the night. We are always in pursuit of continuing to be the premier off-campus student housing destination.
If your student does not have a roommate in mind, we can find them one! We will have them fill out a Roommate Matching sheet so we know what they are looking for in a roommate. During the summer, we will spend weeks looking at these preferences and matching them up with the best roommate we can find!
Lorenzo is a fully-furnished community, saving you money! Each student will have a bed, large desk and chair, and a chest of drawers in their bedroom. In the living area they will have a comfortable sofa, oversized chair, coffee table, end table, entertainment center, a dining room table with chairs and barstools in the kitchen. Each unit also comes supplied with a full size washer, dryer and furnished balcony.
Lorenzo offers the convenience and safety of on-premise dining at Central Kitchen. Students enjoy the convenience of breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks in the comfort of the Lorenzo community. Students can order online and Central Kitchen delivers. Parents who purchase dining cards will have peace of mind of knowing their funds allocated for food will actually be spent on students' meals and that their students are dining inside our security building or their apartment. Central Kitchen is currently offering Dining Plans with savings of up to $450! Dining cards can be purchased for any amount and make great gifts! Central Kitchen offers delicious California-style dining and meals on-the-go and caters to the needs of the busy student lifestyle, providing friendly and speedy service.
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
CLICK HERE FOR MEAL PLANS
Resident Events to Keep Students Involved
While the main focus of your student's college career will be about graduating and getting a fulfilling job, they also need to have fun along the way. At Lorenzo, your student will create life-long relationships and connections that will make them even more successful. Our Community Assistant staff plans weekly resident events to get them involved. These events range from pizza parties to karaoke nights and breakfast at the lounge to study nights. We will also keep our residents connected to events going on at USC and the surrounding community so they don't miss anything!
We want your student to succeed, and that's why we thought of them while designing Lorenzo as a Living-Learning environment!
Do not waste your time or money living anywhere else but The Lorenzo! This place has everything you could ask for and more. With 3 pools, a 3 story gym, a movie theater, 2 NBA size basketball courts, and so much more, the Lorenzo deserves 5 stars no doubt about it! 5 Stars" Joshua C.
B.A. Broadcast Journalism
Annenberg School of Communication and Journalism
University of Southern California
I can't wait for Lorenzo to open!! It's nothing compared to where I live now 5 Stars" Michelle L.
The Best thing to happen near USC! Lorenzo redefines student living. 4 Stars" Jamie D.